Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our First Library in Downtown Toronto!

Let's welcome the Gerrard/Ashdale Library that will be joining our organization starting from April 24th, 2010! I've always wanted to get the program started somewhere in downtown. Last year I tried the Bloor/Gladstone Library that just finished its 3-year renovations. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for us.

Although the Garrard/Ashdale branch is not even half the size of the Bloor/Gladstone branch, it now definitely has something that the Bloor/Gladstone branch doesn't have! Yes, of course, I'm talking about the Chess in the Library program that will open there in two months.

I have not yet personally visited the Gerrard/Ashdale branch but from what the librarians say, the space that we're going to use for chess is quite small. If my memory serves me right, I recall that the librarians said something about fitting up to a maximum of 16-20 players. However, that's not the main point. What's important is that chess is starting to spread to a new community!! Isn't that exciting? =P

Some info of the Gerrard/Ashdale Library:
1432 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, ON
M2N 5N9
416-393-7717

The program will run
from 2:00pm –4:00pm on Saturdays, starting from April 24th, 2010. Please support us by coming down to play some chess!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment