Thursday, June 23, 2011

2011-2012 CITL President Candidate - Yuanling Yuan

Hey guys,

First of all, I just wanted to say that being your 2010-2011 CITL President and representing all of you was an amazing experience. I want to thank everyone for always believing me and giving me the chance to show everyone what I can bring to our organization. In the past year, Chess in the Library has grown to a total of 21 locations (the last one hasn't been posted yet) and spread to another province - Alberta. It was my dream to see CITL operating in every single province of our beloved country.

For the past month, I've been busy preparing for the CITL 2nd Annual Festival, which will happen this Saturday. Being the leader of the organization, I was responsible for sending out invitations to participants, sponors, donors as well as media. I'm proud to announce that there will be at least 2 TV stations coming to the festival - Fairchild and WIGUP.

I believe that each and every one of you has witnesses what I've contributed to the organization, so I just outlined the main ones. However, at our age, the sky is the limit. If you say that I've done well this year, well then, I can do better. Below is a list of short-term goals that I would aim towards accomplishing if elected as your 2011-2012 CITL President:

- spread the program to a total of 30 locations by June 2012
- have the program spam over at least 5 provinces in total (so 2 more than now)
- create an application form for libraries that wish to join our network
- have the CITL Handbook available online
- dedicate a special page on our website to volunteers (Volunteer of the Month Awards, etc)

Certainly, more ideas will come to me as time goes by but nonetheless, I can only do these things if you re-elect me as your 2011-2012 CITL President! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment